Vortex Air Fryer Roasted Chicken Bites
We used to order from Schwan’s quite a bit when we were younger (with no kids) and worked a lot. This was before the day of meal deliveries and it made cooking a healthy meal super quick.
One of my favorite items was the Oven Roasted Chicken Bites. These were nothing more than little roasted chicken bites that could be heated in the microwave in a few minutes. Add some veggies and you have a super quick meal.
When I got the Vortex I decided to try to recreate them. Boy did I ever. I actually think these are better! Make one serving or a ton, you can easily freeze and reheat as you can with Schwan’s!
Slice chicken into thin strips and put in a bowl. Add some olive oil, salt, pepper, and some seasoning. Of course, I put a little Slap Ya Mama on it…because well I put it on everything lol.
Toss in the bowl with the lid on to coat. Let sit for 15-20 minutes. You don’t have to wait, but it lets the chicken soak up some of the seasonings.
Preheat your air fryer to BAK 350′. While it is preheating, lay the chicken pieces on a rack in a single layer. You can do two racks at once but you will need to rotate them halfway. This is only one large chicken breast so I just did one rack. Cook for 8 minutes, stirring, rotating halfway through.
If you plan to freeze, put them in the freezer for 10 minutes. I used another tray but you could easily just use the rack. Make sure something is under it so it doesn’t drip in your freezer. Once they are stiff, you can put them in a bag to freeze.
No laughing at my label. Of course, I hit it right after I wrote it and it was still wet. But I know what it is 🙂
Dip in sauces or add veggies or rice. The options are endless!
Vortex Air Fryer Roasted Chicken BitesPrint Pin Rate
- Vortex Air Fryer
- Bowl with lid
- 1 lb chicken breast - sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama optional - could do lemon, garlic, etc. Anything you want!
- Slice the chicken thin and put in a bowl with olive oil and spices. Let marinate for 10 minutes to several hours. Put in the fridge if marinating longer the 20 minutes.
- Preheat Air Fryer to BAKE 350'
- Lay the chicken pieces on a rack in a single layer. Can do two racks at once.
- Place the racks on the two lowest levels. Cook for 8 minutes.
- Stir the chicken pieces and swap the racks half way. Should be 165' when done.