Vortex Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake from Scratch
We have shared a recipe Pineapple Upside Down Cake made in a Vortex Air Fryer but now we are sharing our favorite one from SCRATCH!
This cake is more like a pastry than a cake. It is simply delectable!
MMMM the goodies! Put butter and sugar in first. Then add the pineapple!
Mix all ingredients in a bowl and pour in on top. It will be thicker than normal cake batter!
Use our handy trick to create a cover to keep the heat in the bottom of the air fryer. Helps the cake cook quickly without overcooking!
Let cool and remove the pan. Then flip!
Vortex Air Fryer Pineapple Upside Down Cake from ScratchPrint Pin Rate
- Vortex Air Fryer
- Cheesecake Pan - small one
- 1/2 cup butter one stick cut in cubes
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 slices pineapple
- 4 maraschino cherry optional
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat your air fryer to 325 and position your rack on the lowest level and put another rack in the middle position.
- Cut half of a stick into slices and put in the bottom of your pan. Sprinkle the brown sugar over the butter.
- Arrange the pineapple on top of the sugar, put cherries in the middle of the pineapple.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the other ingredients.
- Pour over the pineapple.
- Cook on the lowest level in your air fryer. Cover the pan with your air fryer cover - https://vortexrecipes.com/new-trick-to-create-a-flat-pan-and-cover-in-a-vortex-air-fryer/
- Cook for 45 minutes. Checking every 20 to make sure it isn't cooking super fast. It is done when the cake is firm.
- Let sit 10 minutes before removing the pan. Serve warm with whipped cream