Yes, it is possible! You can make meatballs in the Rotisserie Basket!
I shared my Vortex Air Fryer meatball recipe the other day and Carole commented it easier on the rotisserie basket. What?? Never thought of doing that!!
Of course, I had to try it. It does work but you do need to make the mix a lot drier than normal to keep the meatballs together. Actually simply removing the egg and adding a little more breadcrumbs did the trick. Actually, for this one I substituted ground french fried onions for most of the breadcrumbs. WOW, that is good! The PERFECT addition to Swedish Meatballs!
Checkout my meatballs rolling in the rotisserie!
Definitely worth trying. It’s fun to watch them roll!
Vortex Fryer Rotisserie Basket Meatballs
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 lb ground beef or pork or turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Do not preheat the air fryer
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. Make sure they are on the drier side and well held together. Add more breadcrumbs if necessary
- Take a small amount and roll it into 1- 1.5 inch meatballs
- Place them in the Rotisserie Basket and close it up.
- Put the basket in and turn it on to 380' on Rotate. Cook for 10 minutes.