Vortex Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
Did you know you can make a pot pie in an air fryer? Well, you can and they are quite easy…and yummy!
Chicken pot pie in the air fryer is a fantastic use for leftover chicken too! No need to spend money on a Marie Callender pot pies because these homemade ones are a great alternative to frozen pot pies!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup diced chicken 1-1/2 cups - you can use leftover chicken breast or rotisserie.
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots cut small
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°.
- Cut the pie crust to fit your pan. Use the extra to cover the bottom of your pan.
- Bake the bottom pie crust for 5 minutes until brown.
- While the crust is cooking, grab a pan, add one tsp of butter and sautee the carrots and onions.
- Add reamining butter and stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Stil continuously and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, and corn. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture and spread out to cover the entire dish. Top with the remaining pie crust. Lightly brush with melted butter or egg wash, whichever you prefer.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Time will depend on the size of your pan. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.