Vortex Air Fryer Chicken Pot Pie
Did you know you can make a pot pie in an air fryer? Well, you can and they are quite easy…and yummy!
Chicken pot pie in the air fryer is a fantastic use for leftover chicken too! No need to spend money on a Marie Callender pot pies because these homemade ones are a great alternative to frozen pot pies!
Can you cook a frozen pot pie in a Vortex Air Fryer?
Yes!! Preheat your air fryer to 350′ degrees, cook for 15 minutes. If it starts browning. Use your handy cover to keep it cooking without overcooking. You may need to add an additional 5 minutes depending on the size!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup diced chicken 1-1/2 cups - you can use leftover chicken breast or rotisserie.
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots cut small
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- Preheat your air fryer to 350° on BAKE. Rack should be on the LOWEST level.
- Cut the pie crust to fit your pan. Use the extra to cover the bottom of your pan.
- Bake the bottom pie crust for 5 minutes until brown.
- While the crust is cooking, grab a pan, add one tsp of butter and sautee the carrots and onions.
- Add reamining butter and stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and milk. Stil continuously and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken, peas, and corn. Remove from heat.
- Add chicken and vegetable mixture and spread out to cover the entire dish. Top with the remaining pie crust. Lightly brush with melted butter or egg wash, whichever you prefer.
- Bake 20-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Time will depend on the size of your pan. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting.