Vortex Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks from Frozen
I have had a lot of people email me asking about cooking frozen food in a Vortex air fryer so here is some tips on cooking frozen drumsticks in a Vortex.
Can you cook frozen chicken legs in the air fryer?
Yes, you can you just need to make sure you cook them until the internal temperature is 165′.
How do you cook frozen chicken in an air fryer?
You can either cook them in the rotisserie basket or you can put them on a rack. Frozen ones take a little longer, normally it is about 15 minutes but it can take up to 20 if they are larger. You really need to go by temp. If you use the rack, I highly suggest using the lowest level rack because they take longer to cook than normal.
To cook in the rotisserie basket, simply coat the chicken legs with olive oil and seasonings and pop them in the basket and said it to rotate.
Do you have to thaw chicken before air frying?
No, you don’t have to thaw them you can cook them in the air fryer from frozen. You just need to add a few more minutes and he need to make sure the internal temperatures 165′.
How long do I cook frozen chicken legs in the air fryer?
If you want to cook frozen chicken in an air fryer, you will need to preheat the air fryer to around 390 degrees and cook for around 15-20 minutes.
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks from Frozen
- 2 lbs frozen chicken legs 6-8 drumsticks
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large bowl, drizzle drumsticks with olive oil and seasoning. Toss to coat.
- Add the frozen chicken drumsticks to the air fryer basket and turn the air fryer on to 350°F.
- Cook the drumsticks 20 minutes. Brush with barbecue sauce and cook an additional 10-15 minutes or until cooked through and drumsticks reach 165°F.
- Remove the basket and let rest 5 minutes.