Vortex Air Fryer Bacon Cauliflower Mac and Cheese | Keto – Low Carb
For most people, pasta is one of the hardest things to give up when going Keto/Low Carb. With this awesome Bacon Cauliflower Mac & Cheese you won’t feel like you are missing anything. The cool part is, you can make this in under 10 minutes using nothing but your microwave and Vortex Air Fryer!
Simply chop the cauliflower and cook for a few minutes, then add the other ingredients and cook in the Vortex Air Fryer for a few more. Super simple!
You can also make this in an Instant Pot as well but you won’t get the crunchy top that you get in the air fryer.
This is a great side dish to go along with the Vortex Air Fryer Roast Beef or Vortex Air Fryer Steak because this can be cooked while you are cooking the other, then pop then in while the meat is resting!
Containers for Cooking Casseroles in a Vortex Air Fryer
These small Pyrex dishes make cooking casseroles in a Vortex Air Fryer super easy! Just make sure they are under 8 3/4 inches long so they will fit. The width of the rack is almost exactly 9″ so it needs to be smaller than that. Also, don’t forget handles are not always included in the length. Handles could add more!
This is my favorite set because all of these will fit and you get a variety of sizes…
- 4 strips bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1 cauliflower diced small
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- green onions or parsley finely chopped, for garnish
- Cook the bacon in your air fryer for 5 minutes. Dice into small pieces.
- Dice the cauliflower into small pieces.
- In a microwave-safe bowl - add one cup of water and the cauliflower. Microwave for five minutes. Check for tenderness. If still hard cook another few minutes. Drain.
- Preheat your Vortex Air Fryer to 400 on Air Fry.
- In the same bowl, combine the cream cheese, heavy cream, one cup of cheese, salt, cayenne, bacon, and paprika. Microwave one more minute.
- Put the cauliflower mixture in a Vortex safe dish. Place on the lowest shelf - use your quick cover if you have one to keep the top from browning too quick.
- Cook for 4 minutes. Remove top and cook for 2 more until golden brown.
- Top with green onions or parsley and enjoy!
- NOTE - this can also be done in an Instant Pot - close lid and set for 2 minutes. Quick release. Add all of the ingredients and close the lid and manual cook for one more minute. Quick-release. Enjoy!