Vortex Air Fryer Grill Cheese
Yes, that beautiful grill cheese was made in a Vortex Air Fryer in under 10 minutes!!!
I am going to tell you my grill cheese secret but you have to promise NOT to tell anyone!!!
What is the secret to a perfect grill cheese sandwich?
Everyone thinks the outside should be covered with butter. Nope, Mayo. Yes, a thin layer of mayo will give you a perfect grill cheese every time. Works on a grill, in a pan, air fryer, oven and more!
I prefer Dukes but you can use Hellman’s, I wouldn’t use Miracle Whip though. You can I just haven’t tried it so I can’t recommend it.
Soooo easy!!! Put cheese, meat, and anything else you want in the middle and cover both sides with a little mayo. Put in the air fryer for 4 minutes and then flip!
Find more fun food to make with kids in a Vortex Air Fryer…
Perfect Instant Vortex Air Fryer Grill Cheese
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 4 slices bread Any bread will do
- 4 slices cheese American, Gouda, Swiss, etc.
- 2 tbsp Mayo Dukes or Hellmans
- Preheat the air fryer to 390' on Air Fry. Be sure that your rack is in the middle level.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on one side. Place it face down on the rack.
- Put cheese and meat on top. If you use meat, put a piece cheese on each side.
- Put the other piece of bread on top and cover with a thin layer of mayo.
- Repeat for the second sandwich, you can do two side by side.
- Put the rack on the bottom rung. Air fry for 4 minutes watching for doneness. Once it is golden brown, flip it. It may not take a full four minutes.
- Flip and repeat until done.