Want to make your own jerky at home? Well if you have a Vortex Air Fryer, you can!
Instant Vortex Air Fryer Beef Jerky
Simply slice the meat into thin strips. I find it is easier to slice if you freeze the meat a little before slicing. Usually, 15-30 minutes will do it. If you over freeze it, just let it sit out for a few.
Then marinate the slices in the marinade for 1 – 12 hours. Then arrange the slices on the racks. You may need to do two batches or else overlap and move around a lot of make sure everything evenly cooks.
All done! Just cook on Dehydrate for 7 hours!
I have been making my own jerky for a decade. I am not going to lie – it is MUCH easier to make this in a dehydrator. If you have one, use that! You can do a LOT more jerky at one time. You can only fit about half a pound in one run! Still if you don’t have a dehydrator or don’t want to make a ton, this is a great way to do a small batch!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 pound london broil cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon meat tenderizer
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Freeze the london broil for 30 minutes until it is firm.
- Mix soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke, salt, pepper, meat tenderizer, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. Add the strips. Mix to assure all the meat is evenly coated. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
- Select "Dehydrate" and start your Air Fryer. The natural time setting is 7 hours.
- Arrange the meat strips on the racks. You can overlap a little but don't stack them. If you overlap make sure to move them around after an hour. You may need to do two runs to get the entire pound done.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bags.