Instant Vortex Air Fried Crab & Cream Cheese Wontons
No need to order takeout. These crab cheese wontons can be made in minutes in your Vortex air fryer.
If we combine the cream cheese and other ingredients in a bowl and mix them well.
Lay your wontons out on a flat surface. Put a quarter-sized amount of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of a wonton wrapper. Use your finger to apply the egg wash all around the edges of the wrapper and seal it till it’s closed. You can bend take the two corners and can push them together if you want or you can leave them flat.
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 can crab meat or leftover crab meat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 green onions light green and dark green parts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 24 wonton wrappers
- For the dipping sauce: Mix the honey, soy sauce, Sriracha, vinegar and sesame oil in a small bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the cream cheese, crab meat, and green onions. In a separate bowl, mix together the egg and 1/2 cup water.
- One at a time, assemble the wontons: Place approximately 1/2 teaspoon of the crab/ cheese mixture on one corner of a wonton wrapper. Use your finger to "paint" the egg wash all around the edges of the wrapper. Flip one side over diagonally and seal it. Bring up the 2 ends and use the egg wash to stick them together. Allow the remaining pointed end to naturally tuck backward. (The wontons should resemble tortellini.) Place them on a rack.
- You can do two racks at once but you need to rotate them halfway. Cook for four minutes and then flip. Cook until golden.