Instant Pot Southern Style Pinto Beans w/ Ham
Gotta love southern food! We if you live in the south you do 🙂
One of my favs is beans and ham. Any kind of beans will do but pintos are one of my favorites! This is a fantastic use for a leftover ham hock, you know the kind that have left when you get done with a spiral ham!
This quick and easy meal can be put on in the morning and will be ready for dinner! OR can be quickly cooked in under 30 minutes with little effort if you are running late!
Match this with my Vortex Air Fryer Cornbread and you have a fantastic meal with little effort!
Instant Pot Southern Style Pinto Beans w/ Leftover Ham
- 1 bag dried pinto beans small bag
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 leftover ham hock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt to taste
- Soak the pinto beans overnight
- Set the Instant Pot to saute and cook the onion and garlic until translucent.
- Add the stock, water, beans, ham hock and seasoning. Make sure the water is covering the beans and hock, if not add more.
- Turn to beans/chili and let it cook. Slow release.
- Season with pepper, garlic powder, and salt to your liking. Serve.