Definitely, aluminum foil can go into most air fryers but there are some important guidelines you should follow.
Can You Put Foil in the Air Fryer
PIN IT to your APPETIZER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Air Fryer Tips
- Foil should only go in the basket of the air fryer.
- Never preheat an empty air fryer with foil in it, this can cause the foil to blow around and get caught in the elements which can either damage the air fryer or worse, start a fire.
- Ensure the foil is not covering the entire basket, the air fryer cooks by ensuring there is good air flow around the basket.
Why Use Foil in the Air Fryer?
Foil can be used for any of the following reasons:
- To keep things clean: For example nachos with drippy cheese or wings with a honey sauce.
- To hold things in place: Keep taco shells up right and wobbly stuffed peppers in place with a bit of foil.
- Easy clean up: Messy items can be cleaned up and tossed away.
Read The Manual
Air Fryers can vary so be sure to read the user manual for specific instructions for your model so you don’t damage your air fryer and of course for safety!