Vortex Air Fryer Sparkly Galaxy Donuts are fun and delicious homemade donuts made in your air fryer.
Vortex Air Fryer or Air Fryer
4cupsall purpose flour
14 cupssugarplus one tbsp additional
1 tbspinstant dry yeast
12 cup- 12 cup and 2 tbsp of soy milkplus two tbsp additonal
14cup waterplus three 3 tbsp additional
1cup powdered sugar
food coloring of your choice.
- Mix the flour with the sugar, salt and yeast in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, soy milk, water and margarine while stirring until you get a dough firm enough to knead with your hands. Do not worry if the dough sticks to your hands as you start to knead.
- To knead, use your palms to push the dough down and away from you, then fold it inwards and repeat the process for 5 to 10 minutes until you get a smooth and fluffy dough that no longer sticks to your hands.
- It is time to shape the dough into a ball and place it in a big bowl covered with a cloth or transparent food film. Wait for the next 2 hours until the dough has doubled or tripled in size.
- On a floured board, roll out the dough until it is 13 inch thick. Shape the donut with a donut cutter. If you do not have one, use a mold that is about 3 inches in diameter to make as many holes as you can. Then make the middle holes using a bottle cap. Put the donuts away, fold the scrap and re-roll repeating the process until you do not have more dough.
- Now it is time to fry the donuts. On a medium pan, heat 2 inches of oil to medium-high heat and fry them until you get the brown you most like. I did it about 5 seconds on each side, but do not hesitate to adapt it to your liking.
-If you prefer a healthier version of the donut, you can put them in the oven instead of frying them. Heat your oven to 390F for 6 minutes or until they get golden-brown. The taste is more similar to a sweet bun than a store-bought donut but it is really good anyways.
- Mix the powdered sugar with the soy milk. Once you have a homogeneous mixture add some drops of the food coloring of your liking to get the most amazing galaxy color. Then If you only have the basic colors: blue, red and yellow mix the blue and red to get a really fancy galaxy-purple.
-Stir the colors with a wooden stick in irregular motions to get a nice combination of colors.
- Allow the donuts to cool first, then glaze them and let them dry.
- After a few minutes, you will enjoy the most fluffy and galaxy-like donuts you have ever tasted.