Vortex Air Fryer Seafood Lasagna w/ Pasta Machine Noodles
This seafood lasagna is a family favorite. I have actually been tweaking this recipe for over a decade now. There is a complicated version and then there is an easy way to make this one. This is kind of a mixture that can be made in about 40 minutes. Not bad and you can freeze these to cook later IF you use boxed noodles. You can’t freeze homemade noodles. BUT if you use boxed noodles you can make a few small ones at once and freeze them to cook later. Great way to get multiple meals!
Grab all of your ingredients. Mix the ricotta, with Parmesan, egg, and parsley. Set it aside.
Cook your noodles, I used pasta machine noodles for this recipe but boxed ones are fine too.
Mix your mozzarella and Mexican cheese together. I love the flavor the Mexican cheese adds!
Also, mix up your sauce, you can add all of the veggies you want to this. I normally add squash and zucchini to the mix. For this one, I kept it simple, alfredo sauce, spaghetti sauce, some herbs and garlic. Add in your seafood and it’s ready to go!
This is also pretty awesome just to toss over pasta too 🙂
Once you have all the ingredients ready it’s a matter of layering. Start with sauce then add noodles then add ricotta a top with mozzarella repeat until you are done.
Layer, layer, layer
Keep on layering!
Once you have all of the layers done, cook around 20 minutes on 350′. When you remove it, let it sit for about 15 minutes. The longer you let it sit the better it will be because it takes a while for this to set up.
Yea I didn’t get a single serving pic of this one – the boys devoured it before it even set up lol.
Vortex Air Fryer Seafood Lasagna
- ½ lb. lasagna noodles I make my own but you can use any
- ½ lb Shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed
- ¼ lb Scallops
- ¼ lb Crab meat can use canned
- 1 cup Spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 16 oz container ricotta
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1 cup Mozzarella shredded
- 1 cup Mexican Cheese
- Preheat the air fryer to 350°F on Bake.
- Add spaghetti sauce, alfredo, and garlic and cook for 10 minutes. You can use any pan, I throw this in my Instant Pot.
- In a large pot of boiliing water, cook noodles until al dente. Rinse until no longer hot.
- Add the seafood to the sauce and cook for another 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta, egg, Parmesan, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Mix the Mexican cheese and the mozerella in another bowl (or on a cutting board)
- Once you have all of the ingredients ready, it is time to assemble the lasagna. You can use any pan that will fit in your air fryer
- Spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom to start. Add a layer of noodles. Spread ricotta mixture over noodles, then sprinkle with a layer of the cheese. Repeat until the pan is full - usually three layers.
- Place in the air fryer and cook for 20 minutes on the lowest level.
- Let cool 15 minutes before dishing.