Vortex Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks
These quickly became a household favorite! They are perfect for when you have some spaghetti sauce or marinara left over!
They cost under $2 to make too!
Gather your ingredients and get them ready. You need mozzarella sticks, an egg, panko (or Italian) breadcrumbs, and some seasoning. You can use anything you want.
Make them KETO by using ground pork rinds instead!
Freeze the cheese sticks for at least 30 minutes. This keeps them from melting when you fry them!
Dip in egg, then in panko, then in egg, and then in panko. Make sure the stick is completely covered. Do another dip if necessary!
Place them all on a rack and spray them lightly with olive oil spray. Put them in the middle of the air fryer. Cook for 8 minutes and flip halfway through.
Remove when they are golden brown and serve with sauce or marinara!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 2 Small Bowls
- 1 egg beaten
- 2 tbsp milk
- 4 mozzarella cheese sticks cut in half
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Cut the mozzarella sticks in half and freeze for 30 minutes - the longer the better.
- Grab 3 bowls. Mix egg and milk in one - everything else in another.
- Preheat your Air Fryer to 400 on AIR FRY
- Dip the stick in the egg mixture first, then the panko crumbs, back in the egg and back in the crumbs until it is coated completely. Place on the rack.
- Repeat until all of the other sticks are done.
- Back for 8 minutes, flipping halfway. Watch and remove when they are brownish.
- Serve with marinara.