Vortex Air Fryer Mini Squash Soufflé
These are a great use for squash that is overripe!
Cut the squash in half and remove the ends. Put the squash and the half onion on a rack in your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water and cook on “Steam” for 2 minutes. Quick-release.
Preheat your Vortex Air Fryer to 350 F’ on BAKE.
Chop the onion and squash. In a bowl, mash then with a fork or mashed potato masher. Add the egg, seasonings, and the jalapeno (if adding). Add half of the crackers and cheese and mix well.
You can vary the toppings a lot. You can use crackers, breadcrumbs, french onions, or just about anything else you want. This is also great to add leftovers into – we added some Corn Maux Chow on top and it was fantastic as a quick lunch!
You could easily add sausage, chicken, leftover veggies and more!
Vortex Air Fryer Mini Squash SouffléPin Recipe Print Recipe
- ½ onion diced
- 2 yellow squash
- ½ cup cheese Mexican or cheddar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cajun Seasoning optional
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ¼ cup crackers Ritz, other crackers, or breadcrumbs
- ¼ jalepeno diced, seeds removed
- Olive Oil Spray or no stick spray
- Cut the squash in half and remove the ends. Put the squash and the half onion on a rack in your Instant pot. Add 1 cup of water and cook on "Steam" for 2 minutes. Quick release.
- Preheat your Vortex Air Fryer to 350°F on BAKE.
- Chop the onion and squash. In a bowl, mash then with a fork or mashed potato masher. Add the egg, seasonings, and the jalepeno (if adding). Add half of the crackers and cheese and mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into the dishes you have sprayed with olive oil. Top with the extra cheese and crackers.
- Cook for 10 minutes on the lowest rack. Add another rack above it. Make sure it's empty.
- Remove and touch to make sure they are firm. If not cook another few minutes. Let sit for 5 before serving.