Vortex Air Fryer Low Carb Toad In a Hole
No laughing at my shot glass, it was the only cup I could find small enough to do this with the ThimSlim bread.
This is one of my favorite breakfast treats. This version is basically carb-free!
Cover a pan and create get your bread ready by buttering both sides. I like to save the extra circle that is cut out for dipping!
Bake for a few minutes and flip. Pre-bake the bread because the egg doesn’t take long to cook at all!
Of course you can use this recipe with regular bread as well!
- 1 slice ThinSlim bread
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a 2-in. hole in the middle of the bread.
- Butter the bread on both sides.
- Cover a rack with tinfoil and preheat the air fryer to 300 on air fry.
- Place the bread on the rack and cook for one minute - until slightly brown.
- Flip the bread and add the egg.
- Cook for an additional 2 minutes. You may need a minute more depending on how runny you like your egg.
- You can flip it and cook for an additional minute or two if you like your egg more well done.