Vortex Air Fryer Loaded Smashed Potatoes
- Vortex Air Fryer
- Instant Pot
- 1 pound potatoes any will work - prefer new potatoes
- 2 slices bacon
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place the bacon in the Air Fryer on 390' and cook until done. About 7 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on paper towels. Crumble the bacon.
- To speed it up, place potatoes into a pan of water or an Instant Pot and cook for 5 minutes while the bacon is cooking. You could cook these in the air fryer for 10 minutes too. Make sure they are above the bacon if you cook them at the same time. I find it is better to cook separate.
- Put the potatoes in a pan and smash them down. Cover with butter, cheese, bacon and cook for 2 more minutes until the cheese is melted. Remove and let sit for a few minutes. Top with chives and sour cream. Salt and pepper to taste.
Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 375mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 888IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 129mg | Iron: 1mg