Vortex Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan
You will probably never make Eggplant Parmesan in oil again after trying our Voretx Air Fryer version!
This delicious (and healthy!!) version is fantastic. Add some homemade pasta for the win!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 Eggplant Medium sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 eggs beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce or bolognase
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese possibly more if you get more slices out of the eggplant
- Preheat your Vortex to 360' F on AIRFRY. The rack should be in the MIDDLE level.
- Slice the eggplant in several slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Get three bowls - add bread crumbs and parmesan to one. Mix the egg and milk in another. Then flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder in the third.
- Dip sliced eggplant first in flour, then in beaten eggs, and finally coat with bread crumb mixture.
- Place on the racks and let sit for a few minutes. You should be able to fit 6 on two racks. Make sure they aren't touching. You may need to do two batches.
- Cook for 4 minutes and flip. May need additional minute or two depending on thickness.
- Top each eggplant round with marinara sauce and 1 slice mozzarella cheese. Place back in the air fryer for another minute or two until the cheese is melted. Repeat if necessary with any additional slices.
Calories: 219kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 992mg | Potassium: 376mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 477IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 232mg | Iron: 2mg