Vortex Air Fryer Eggo Mini Waffles Homemade & Frozen
Does your family love Eggos? If so, you are going to love this method of creating homemade Eggos at home!!
Can you cook Eggos in an air fryer?
Yes, yes you can! Preheat the Vortex to AIR FRYER at 360′ (375′ if you like super crispy!), once it is preheated add the Eggos while frozen. Cook for 2 minutes and flip for another 2. If not quite done enough for you add another minute or two.
Repeat if you freeze the homemade ones below. They cook the same from frozen state!
What kind of waffle iron makes mini waffles?
There are a couple of options to choose from. Dash is the most respected one. If you are doing small batches, get a single, if you are cooking for a family of kids…get the big dog!! It will make your life a LOT easier, took me about an hour to do an entire batch using a single one!
Can you freeze homemade mini Eggo Waffles?
Yep, just lay them out (as much as possible) on a sheet pan or a plate and freeze without covering them for 20-30 minutes or until mostly frozen. Then transfer them to a plastic freezer bag or storage container. You can keep up to 3 months.
You can simply use Bisquick or some other mix, just follow the instructions and cook as usual.
What Can You Add to Mini Waffles?
You can also add a lot of fun ingredients to jazz them up some! Just make sure to use just a little. Here are a few options
- Fruit like blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries. A small handful.
- Chocolate chips or peanut butter chips. A small handful.
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Nuts – A small handful
- Sausage or Bacon – A small handful.
Basic Waffle Iron Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅔ cups milk
- 2 eggs whites and yolks separated
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat waffle iron.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and milk, butter, and egg yolks in another.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients together in a large bowl until fully combined.
- In a medium bowl whip egg whites using a hand mixer until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into the waffle mixture until evenly distributed.
- Drop 1/3 cup of batte onto the preheated waffle iron and cook for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown in color.