Vortex Air Fryer Eggo Mini Waffles Homemade & Frozen
Does your family love Eggos? If so, you are going to love this method of creating homemade Eggos at home!!
Can you cook Eggos in an air fryer?
Yes, yes you can! Preheat the Vortex to AIR FRYER at 360′ (375′ if you like super crispy!), once it is preheated add the Eggos while frozen. Cook for 2 minutes and flip for another 2. If not quite done enough for you add another minute or two.
Repeat if you freeze the homemade ones below. The cook the same from frozen state!
What kind of waffle iron makes mini waffles?
There are a couple of options to choose from. Dash is the most respected one. If you are doing small batches, get a single, if you are cooking for a family of kids…get the big dog!! It will make your life a LOT easier, took me about an hour to do an entire batch using a single one!
Can you freeze homemade mini Eggo Waffles?
Yep, just lay them out (as much as possible) on a sheet pan or a plate and freeze without covering them for 20-30 minutes or until mostly frozen. Then transfer them to a plastic freezer bag or storage container. You can keep up to 3 months.
You can simply use Bisquick or some other mix, just follow the instructions and cook as usual.
What Can You Add to Mini Waffles?
You can also add a lot of fun ingredients to jazz them up some! Just make sure to use just a little. Here are a few options
- Fruit like blueberries, strawberries, or blackberries. A small handful.
- Chocolate chips or peanut butter chips. A small handful.
- Cinnamon – 2 tsp
- Nuts – A small handful
- Sausage or Bacon – A small handful.
- Dash Mini Waffle Iron
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat waffle iron. Beat eggs in large bowl with hand beater until fluffy. Beat in flour, milk, vegetable oil, sugar, baking powder, salt and vanilla, just until smooth.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour mix onto hot waffle iron. Cook until golden brown. Repeat until done.