Vortex Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
This maybe one of my favorite recipes I have made in my air fryer so far! It’s quick and easy and super yummy!
Gather some gulf shrimp and the other ingredients and create your assembly line!
Use a paper towel to dry the shrimp. I add some cajun seasoning, but of course, that is optional!
Get three bowls….one will have flour and seasoning…
The next will have a beaten egg in it…
The third will have the coconut and panko bread crumbs…
Dip in all three and place on the rack….
Serve with cocktail sauce or some Thai Chili sauce!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1/2 lb shrimp About two dozen medium
- 1 egg beaten
- ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Oil for spraying
- Preheat the air fryer to 390'
- Peel the shrimp (if necessary), leaving the tails on.
- Get3 bowls. Flour with all seasoning in one, egg in another, coconut and breadcrumbs in the third bowl.
- Dip each shrimp in flour, then egg, then coconut mixture, ensuring shrimp is covered on all sides during each dip.
- Place shrimp in a single layer on the rack. You can fit one dozen on each rack. Place the rack on the lowest level.
- Lightly spray the shrimp with oil and cook for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, flip the shrimp and cook another minute or two. Cook until firm. Time will depend on the size of the shrimp.
- Remove shrimp and serve with sauce.