Vortex Air Fryer Cast Iron Cornbread Sticks
We love cornbread! I got lucky the other day and figured out that my cornstick cast iron fits in my Instant Vortex Air Fryer!!! How cool is that?
Use your favorite recipe and whip up cornbread in no time. Jiffy is a good quick mix or you can use my recipe below. In this batch I added some leftover corn that we had!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar Omit if you don't like sweet cornbread
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 egg beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- Add the cornmeal, salt, and sweetener to a mixing bowl and stir. Add in the egg, butter, and buttermilk and mix til combined.
- Preheat the air fryer to 330 on BAKE
- Spray the cast iron and pour the mixture into the tray.
- Put the tray on the lowest level and bake for 10 minutes. If not done, add another 5 minutes and check again. You may need to add a cover to keep the tops from over browning.