Best Hot Dog Ever in a Vortex Air Fryer
So I was watching The Chef, the Netflix show with Jon Favreau the other day and I saw this amazing looking hotdog recipe. I am not a huge fan of hotdogs but these looked ridiculously good so I had to try them. Especially when I realized I can do that entire recipe in my Vortex!!!
Yes, I just stumbled onto the Best Hot Dog Ever in a Vortex Air Fryer!
I immediately ordered hotdogs to be delivered via Shipt and I was cooking this one within an hour. Good thing because I hadn’t planned anything for dinner lol.
Pretty sure I will ALWAYS make hotdogs like this from now on. My boys loved them and they are super easy!
Gather your ingredients – just need hot dogs, buns, peppers, onions, bacon, mayo, ketchup, and mustard. Oh, and butter…but you ALWAYS need butter!
Slice the peppers and onions and grab your bacon.
In the show, they cook this entire meal on a griddle. I had to improvise to get this done in my fryer.
I thought I was pretty clever with this one. I put my bacon on the rack and the peppers and onions in a pan under it so the bacon grease cooks them. Worked awesomely!
Look at that bacon…YUM!!!
The peppers and onions turned out awesome too!
Then butter your buns and put them in the air fryer for a few minutes on the middle shelf.
Start assembling. Bun, bacon on the side, then the hot dog. Top with ketchup, mayo, and mustard.
Top with peppers and onions!
"The Chef" LA Street Dog AKA Best Hot Dog Ever in a Vortex Air Fryer
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 4 hot dogs Hebrew National is our preferred brand.
- 4 buns
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 sweet peppers or red bell pepper
- 1/2 onion
- 4 strips bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- Preheat the air fryer to 400'. Place your rack in the middle positions.
- Slice the peppers and onions and put in pan.
- Put the pan on the bottom and the bacon in a rack above it. Bacon should be on middle rack. Cook for 4 minutes and flip. Cook for another 4.
- Put your hotdogs on a rack and cook for 4 minutes - flipping once. IF your peppers and onions are not done enough, leave them in while these cook.
- Then butter your buns and put them in the air fryer for a few minutes on the middle shelf.