Southern Style Instant Pot White Acre Peas
These are a southern delicacy! They aren’t the easiest to find so if you do, grab extra for the freezer!
Sort the peas and remove any bad ones.
You can use ham or bacon. This is great for leftover ham hocks or smoked pork!
Simple to make, dice some bacon and onion and cook until done.
Add the peas and cook for about an hour!
- Instant Pot
- 3 cups White Acre Peas Shelled
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 small onion
- 3 slices bacon diced
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp salt I like pink salt but any will do
- 1 tsp pepper
- Rinse the White Acre Peas and remove any dark brown ones (not necessary but I do it)
- Dice the bacon and onion in small pieces.
- Set the Instant Pot to 'SAUTE' and add the butter. Add the bacon and cook until about done (you can skip butter if the bacon is super fatty). Add the onion and cook until translucent
- Add the chicken stock and the peas. Salt and Pepper
- Set to 'BEANS' (which is 15 minutes). Cook and the let slow release. Normally done about 30 minutes but you can let it continue slow cook until done. Never takes over an hour. If you need these under 30 - up the start cook time to 20 minutes. Add more salt as needed.