Vortex Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna
If you are looking for a KETO option for lasagna…this is it! The best part is, you can completely make this in your Instant Pot and Vortex Air Fryer. No need to heat up the oven! Of course, you could just use a pan and the stove for the sauce if you want!
TIP – the more you dry out the zucchini, the dryer the lasagna will be. If you skip this step, you will have runny lasagna. Another tip is the make the spaghetti sauce thicker than normal. This meal has a tendency to be runny, the drier the ingredients the better it will be.
Slice the zucchini noodles thin, not paper-thin but thin. Place them on a paper towel to dry them out.
Even use paper towels to dry the noodles once you think they are dry. The longer you let them dry the better this will be. I usually allow 10 minutes.
Gather the ingredients for the ricotta mixture – egg, mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta. Mix in a bowl
Seriously keep drying that zucchini. This is after 10 minutes – they release a LOT of liquid!
Salt lightly when they are dry!
Gather everything together to make assembly easy. First, you will put down a layer of sauce. Oh year, spray the pan first!
My lasagna pan for the air fryer is the large one out of this set…
Then a layer of zucchini noodles.
Top with the ricotta mixture and then a layer of mozzarella cheese. Repeat two more times. The top layer should be a sauce with just mozarella cheese.
I personally don’t like the top of my lasagna super crispy so I use my trick to make a cover. The bottom pan can go in the middle on dishes like this. ONLY do this when you a pretty sure the dish is in a pan and won’t drip a lot.
Cook for 25 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Top with basil and other herbs. I have basil, oregano, parsley and a few green onions on top of mine!
- Vortex Air Fryer
- Instant Pot
- 1 Zucchini Large - sliced thin
- 1/2 lb ground beef More if you want it thicker
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce homemade or jar
- 1 cup onions diced
- 2 garlic
- 1 ricottacheese
- 1 bag mozarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the air fryer on BAKE to 325'
- Slice the zucchini lengthwise into thin slices, as thin or thick as you'd like. You should have 9 slices, if not do another zucchini. Set aside.
- Lay zucchini noodles on paper towels to dry and soak up any moisture. Use paper towels to press and dry zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with salt.
- Set the Instant Pot to "Saute". Add the ground beef and onions and garlic. Brown until done
- Pour the pasta sauce on top of the ground beef and cook for a few minutes and turn off. Let sit.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, parmesan, egg, salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 cup of pasta sauce onto the bottom of your dish
- Add your zucchini slices on top of the pasta sauce. Overlap or leave spaces it doesn't really matter.
- Top the zucchini with 1/2 cup of sauce, and evenly spread 1/2 the ricotta mix on top of that.
- Add 1/2 cup of grated mozzarella on top of the ricotta
- Repeat these layers two more times.
- The final layer should be sauce with mozarella on top.
- Place the boittom rack of your air fryer in the middle position upside down. Place a rack on the bottom level. Place the lasagna on the bottom level.
- Cook for 25 minutes. Remove the bottom rack from the middle and cook another 10. Top with garnish!