Oh how I LOVE cubans. Problem is we are cutting out bread and needed to find a suitable alternative. Using our favorite Joseph Lavash bread we found a great substitute that is really low carb!
Lavash Bread Cuban Sandwich - Low Carb, Keto
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 Slices Joseph Lavash Bread
- 1/4 lb Deli Sliced Ham
- 1/4 lb Mojo Pork
- 2 Bread & Butter Pickles
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 slices Swiss Cheese
- Cook the Mojo Pork in the Air Fryer -
- Pan fry the ham for a minute in the Vortex Air Fryer
- Cut the Lavash bread in half short ways
- Add mustard and pickles, I like to cut the pickles in half to make them thin (and save carbs!!
- Add swiss cheese, then layer ham and pork
- Put the entire sandwich back in the Vortex for two minutes
- Slice and enjoy!
Let me start by saying I get this is not truly Keto. I am a pretty firm believer in you can have just about anything on any diet if you just use a LITTLE bit. Like the pickles. They have sugar but if you only use one the amount of carbs is insanely small but you still get a lot of flavor!