Leftover Shrimp Boil Recipe – Shrimp Corn Chowder
We do a shrimp boil every Christmas eve – it’s a Florida thing. We always end up with some extra shrimp and goodies so I do a Shrimp Corn Chowder just about every Christmas. It’s a great use for the leftovers and an awesome dish!
Take your leftovers and cut them up small for the chowder.
Add any extras you have like ham, leftover sausage, veggies.
Add cream and cream of corn (if you have it) and cook. You usually only need about 20 minutes and it is done!
- Instant Pot
- 1 stick butter
- 2 tbsp flour optional - need for thicker chowder but can omit if Keto or low carb
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 lb shrimp peeled
- 2 cups potatoes can omit if Keto or low carb - diced small
- 1 cup ham diced
- 1 cup sausage diced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cans cream corn if you have it - can use frozen cream corn too
- 1 15 oz can whole kernel corn or use leftover corn on the cob cut off cob
- 1 tbsp salt and pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 cup green onions for serving
- 1 tsp hot sauce optional for serving
- Set your Instant Pot to sautee. Add margarine and flour and cook for 2 minutes. Add the onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic. Cook until veggies are tender approximately 5 minutes.
- Add everything but shrimp and cream. Cook on saute, stirring often for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cream. Cook for another 5-10. Until shrimp are done if you are using raw.
- Serve with green onions on top and hot sauce (optional).