I pull out all of my fun toys for this amazing meal 🙂
It sounds intimidating but it really is quite easy and can be made in under 30 minutes and you can pre-make parts and make lots for freezing and to use in other meals. If you plan your meals properly you can get multiple meals out of this!
There are three basic parts…
Meatballs made in a Vortex Air Fryer (or any air fryer)
The sauce – made in an instant pot
The noodles – made in the pasta machine
How good do they look? Trust me when I say they taste better than they look!
Now for the reality – you just read that and went…WTH that is dirtying three machines?
Yes, and No. This is why I am constantly cooking for future meals. Cook double batches and only clean once and get awesome food for a week!
The Vortex Air Fryer meatballs – simple rinse of the pan and it’s clean (didn’t heat the house using the oven). I usually cook something else with them like burgers or make a double batch for meatball subs!
The sauce – it all cooks in here – either store in the pan with THIS LID or toss in dishwasher. Make extra for another meal.
The noodles – I make two to three batches at once for future recipes. It can be thrown in the dishwasher too!
I will say the pasta machine is the most cumbersome to clean but there is something seriously awesome about homemade pasta. Seriously you won’t go back after you try homemade pasta. This is why I try to make a few batches and either freeze or refrigerate them to use in a day or so. OR I make a bunch of stuff in one day and don’t cook for a few days.
I am a fan of this spaghetti sauce. Super great right out of the can. I add a little sugar and seasoning and that is it! I save extra sauce for meatball subs!
- Phillips Pasta Machine
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 water
- Use the cups that come with the machine.
- Fill the flour one to the top - don't pack.
- Fill the water container to the first line
- Put the flour in the machine and select 1 cup and start
- Pour the water in after it starts on the side
- Run the machine
- After three minutes start cutting the pasta.
Vortex Fryer Meatballs
- Vortex Air Fryer
- 1 lb ground beef or pork or turkey
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 400
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl
- Take a small amount and roll it into 1- 1.5 inch meatballs
- Place them on a sheet and put in the heated fryer
- Flip every few minutes until done