Instant Pot Smoked Chicken Chili w/ Poblanos & Pintos
Quick and easy chicken chili recipe that is a fantastic use for leftover chicken!
- Instant Pot
- 1 bag pinto beans small bag
- 1 lb chicken I used smoked chicken breasts, can you just about any chicken
- 3 tbsps bacon grease
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 Pablano deseeded and chopped small
- 2 garlic minced cloves
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 tsps chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup corn
- sea salt to taste or pink salt
- 1 cup gouda or other smoked cheese - shredded
- fresh basil chopped
- Rinse the beans and remove any debris.
- Set the Instant Pot to saute. Add the bacon grease. Add the onion, pabalano pepper, and garlic and cook until tender. Coat with flour and cook for one more minute.
- Add the beans, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, ground black pepper, tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and ensure the steam release valve is set to sealing. Select "Bean/Chili". When it is done, allow it to slow release.
- The beans should be done, if not - add another 10 minutes. Ensure there is enough water. If not add another cup. You can add the corn before cooking the second time. Otherwise add the corn before serving. Even frozen corn will be fine if you let it sit for 10 minutes or so.
- Top with shredded cheese and fresh basil.