OK I am relinquishing my coveted collard green recipe that I created. It is awesome and amazes everyone who eats them. The best part is they are very low carb and Keto friendly 🙂
The secret to REALLY great collard greens is bacon grease. I keep a container of it around at all times, mainly because I CAN being on Keto!
Here’s how to make the magic happen….
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb Choose your meat – Sausauge, bacon, ham, or whateer you have
- 1 bunch Collard Greens - rinsed and stalks trimmed out
- Put a few tablespoons of bacon grease in your Instant Pot. Saute the meat and the onions together until the onions are translucent and the meat is done (if not smoked).
- Add the collards and enough chicken stock or bone broth to cover the collards.
- Select “Manual” and set about 30 minutes. Let cook and slow release. If they aren’t quite done enough for you add another 10 minutes. Usually 30 is plenty.