Beluga lentils are a small, black lentil, that get their name from their resemblance to Beluga caviar. They resemble black beans more than caviar!
These are a hearty lentil that pair beautifully with proteins, veggies, or rice. A great addition to any meal, they are even great on salads!
Chop carrots, celery, onion and sautee until tender.
Add the lentils and stock and cook until tender. It only takes about 30 minutes!
Good by themseleves or as a side!
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 cup beluga lentils
- 1 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup carrots finely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/4 cup celery finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Set your Instant Pot to saute and add the butter. Add the garlic, celery, onions, carrots, and thyme.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, until the vegetables are slightly softened. Add the lentils and cook for one minute. Add the chicken stock and set it to "soup" for 20 minutes.
- If they are not quite tender enough for your family, add a little more chicken stock (or water) and cook for 5 more minutes. You can even set to "saute" and let it cook open if you want. Salt and pepper and serve!