Pesto Zoodles are the perfectly elegant, delightfully delicious way to enjoy the low-carb lifestyle!
Whether eating mindfully or simply looking for delicious food to eat, everyone needs a few keto zoodles recipes! These super quick and easy keto zoodles have healthy and fat-friendly avocados, pine nuts, and fresh basil for a pesto sauce that is out of this world!
PIN IT to your DINNER board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Why We Love Keto Zoodle Recipes
- Entertain guests with this colorful side dish or chilled salad that comes together in minutes.
- Replace flour noodles with healthy, nutritious zucchini noodles!
- Avocado Pesto Zoodles are also a great workday lunch that will leave you feeling energized until dinner.
- A bright, creamy recipe that is a perfect entrée salad or side dish! Add shredded chicken for an entrée salad or tuck into a wrap!
Ingredients and Variations
HEALTHY FATS Creamy avocados and tasty pine nuts make for a dish that has loads of healthy fat! Walnuts can replace the pine nuts if desired.
CHEESE Parmesan is a signature flavor in pesto. Feta blends great too, for a tart and salty flavor. To make this dish plant-based or vegan, skip the parmesan or use 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast mixed with 1 tablespoon almond flour in its place. Instant easy vegan parmesan!
FLAVORS The rest is blended with olive oil, garlic, basil leaves, and a tinge of lemon juice, that’s pesto perfection!
How to Make Avocado Pesto Zoodles
Zoodles are a one-and-done recipe.
Spiralize zucchini to a medium-sized zoodle using a spiralizer. A spiralizer is becoming a necessary kitchen tool, and it’s great for making all kinds of plant-based pasta, from butternut squash noodles, to carrot noodles for salad.
How to Make Avocado Pesto Sauce
A food processor will create the perfect creamy pesto sauce, that is absolutely restaurant-worthy!
- Place oil, pine nuts, garlic, lemon, in a food processor and pulse.
- Add avocado, basil, salt & pepper, and process until smooth (per recipe below).
- Sauté zoodles in oil until softened.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in pesto. Serve immediately.
Optional: Garnish with a sprinkle of fresh chopped basil, some toasted pine nuts, or parmesan cheese—or all three!
Timesaving Tips & Tricks
- This multi-use pesto can be used in so many different ways! As a dip for raw veggies like broccoli and cauliflower florets, celery, radishes, and mushrooms. It’s also a great salad dressing and sauce for a low-carb wrap with your favorite fillings!
- Or, freeze cubes of avocado pesto to pop out and add a burst of creaminess to soups, even scrambled eggs or tuna salad!
- Avocado pesto can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. If stored longer, there is a risk that the garlic, which has extremely low acidity, may produce botulism, a serious toxin, and this is not a risk worth taking.
- Freeze zoodles in zippered bags with the air squeezed out and lay them flat in the freezer. Once they are frozen, store them upright (like books). Be sure to label the bag with today’s date. They will be good for about 6 months. Let them thaw in the refrigerator before using and cook them a few minutes longer to evaporate the extra moisture.
Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes
- Air Fryer Zucchini Skins – skip the potatoes!
- Low Carb Air Fryer Zucchini Lasagna | KETO – low-carb Italian dish
- Air Fryer Zucchini Fries – perfectly snackable!
- Air Fryer Salmon w/ Zucchini – healthy supper
Avocado Pesto Zoodles
- Food Processor
- 1 ½ pounds zucchini about 2 medium
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or as needed
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup packed fresh basil leaves
- ⅛ teaspoon salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese shredded, garnish
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper garnish
- Using a spiralizer, spiralize zucchini to a medium noodle.
- Using a food processor, pulse the pine nuts, garlic, lemon juice, and 2 Tablespoons olive oil until chopped.
- Add avocado, basil, salt, and pepper to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add zucchini noodles and cook just until slightly softened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and toss with the avocado pesto. Mix well, top with parmesan cheese and ground pepper, and serve immediately.