Everyone needs an Air Fryer Donut Recipe as good as this one!
These light and crispy, delicate donuts made in the air fryer taste just like the local donut shop without having to get up early or stand in line! This easy quick recipe means hot, fresh donuts can be made at the last minute for breakfast or a sweet snack any day!
Air Fryer Donut Recipe
PIN IT to your DESSERTS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Best Sweet Snack
- Air Fryer Donuts are so quick and easy to make, even the kids can make their own for breakfast or an afternoon treat.
- Cook donuts without having to mix any dough or use up any dishes! Just peel, cut, fry, and glaze. Even the air fryer is easy to clean!
- Biscuits make perfect donuts because they are already portioned, mixed, and ready to cook.
- Pillsbury brand basic biscuits or the Grands size come in varying serving sizes but they always come out light and fluffy in the air fryer.
BISCUITS: Refrigerated biscuit dough make the best homemade air fryer donuts! Don’t forget to fry the centers of the donut holes, too.
VANILLA GLAZE: Make a simple vanilla glaze with powdered sugar with milk and vanilla extract. Dip each donut in the glaze and top with sprinkles for a festive dessert.
- Stir up a sweet seasoning blend like apple cinnamon or pumpkin spice, or make a simple cinnamon sugar and sprinkle liberally before frying donuts and donut holes.
- Add chopped nuts, colored sprinkles, or silver dragees for a fun celebratory batch of donuts!
- Swirl all little chocolate syrup into the glaze before dipping donuts or give the donuts a citrus flavor by adding some fresh orange juice and zest to the glaze.
- Switch out the vanilla extract for peppermint, almond, or even maple for a fun twist!
- Add drops of food coloring to the glaze and dip donuts in for a colorful treat!
How to Make Donuts in the Air Fryer
Making homemade donuts with biscuit dough is a genius trick.
- Prep: Make donuts by flattening and cutting the biscuits with a cutter, leaving a donut hole center.
- Fry: Place the donut circles in a single layer in the air fryer and bake (as per the recipe below).
- Glaze: Whisk glaze ingredients together and dip cooled donuts into the glaze.
Let them harden before serving. Garnish as desired.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
For best results, store leftover donuts in zippered bags at room temperature, and they will last up to a week. Reheat plain or iced donuts in the air fryer.
More Dessert & Donuts
- Air Fryer Sparkly Galaxy Donuts – sparkly and sweet
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls – breakfast or dessert!
- Easy Air Fryer Cinnamon Sugar Donuts – sweet and fried
- Air Fryer Smores – ooey-gooey good
- Air Fryer Fried Oreos – a new way to eat Oreos
Air Fryer Vanilla Glazed Donuts
- 1 can biscuits
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles optional
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F.
- Mix all glaze ingredients together and set them aside.
- Using a small circular cutter remove the center of the biscuit.
- Place in the air fryer basket and cook for 3 minutes, flip the donuts and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow donuts to cool completely then dip into the glaze and top with sprinkles if desired.