Making Roasted Peppers in the air fryer makes them crisp and moist. This is the best recipe for making peppers quickly and easily.
These peppers have a smoky flavor that enhances the taste of soups and stir-fries. They would also work great on salads or piled on sandwiches. Make a bunch and freeze them for later use in all kinds of recipes.
Air Fryer Roasted Peppers
PIN IT to your SIDE DISH board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Easy Healthy Side Dish
- Roasted peppers are great to use for dipping. Serve with a hummus or ranch dip for a tasty snack!
- These peppers come out of the air fryer moist and crisp.
- Make these peppers to add to sandwiches, soups, stews, or stir-fries. They are great to add as flavoring to dishes.
- Red peppers cook a lot quicker in the air fryer than in the oven, saving time spent in the kitchen.
PEPPERS: Bell peppers come in a variety of colors. The color does affect the taste slightly.
- Green peppers are the peppers that have been picked before reaching their ultimate ripeness, they tend to be a little more bitter than the other colors.
- Red in the ripest and the sweetest. They have a lot more beta carotene and vitamin C than the other peppers.
- Orange and Yellow fall somewhere in between. Not too sweet and not too bitter!
Regardless of the color, pick peppers that have smooth skin without blemishes. Wrinkled skin is a sign that the pepper is getting a little on in age.
SEASONING: This recipe keeps it simple with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste which leaves lots of room to get creative!
If using them for a specific recipe, add seasonings that compliment it. If enjoying as a snack, try seasoning with lemon pepper seasoning or some red chili flakes for a spicy version. Or try this extra crispy version made with flour!
How to Make Roasted Peppers
With just a few steps and a few simple ingredients, they are so easy to prepare! Unlike peppers roasted in a conventional oven, these air fryer roasted peppers don’t need to be peeled.
- Prep: Deseed, remove stems, and cut peppers into quarters.
- Season: Toss with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast: Add to the air fryer and roast (per recipe below).
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce, as a delicious side dish, or add them to your favorite soup or stews!
Best Way to Store Roasted Peppers
Roasted peppers will keep in the refrigerator for 5-6 days. The best way to store red peppers is in the freezer. Roasted frozen peppers are great for quickly adding to soups, stews, and stir-fries. Chop them or freeze them whole. After they have roasted, lay them flat on a parchment paper-lined baking pan in the freezer. Remove from the freezer and store in an air-tight container or ziplock bag. They will keep it for 2 months in the freezer. To thaw remove the desired amount from the freeze and thaw in the refrigerator.
Favorite Air Fryer Vegetables
- Crispy Air Fryer Broccoli – perfect for snacking!
- Air Fryer Green Beans – with a simple sesame marinade
- Air Fryer Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms – tasty appetizer!
- Vortex Air Fried Radishes – quick and easy to prepare
- Air Fryer Buffalo Cauliflower – spicy and delicious
Air Fryer Roasted Peppers
- 3 bell peppers any color
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 360°F.
- Cut peppers into quarters, remove the seeds and cores, then chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients, place in the air fryer, and cook for 8-10 minutes.