Air Fryer Potato Chips are a tasty homemade snack!
This easy snack is not only fun to make but super easy too! Cook hot and crispy potato chips without deep frying and without the mess. Make a batch or two and enjoy all the crunchy goodness just in time for the big game or movie night!
Air Fryer Potato Chips Recipe
PIN IT to your SNACKS & APPETIZERS board for later!
Follow Everything Air Fryer and more on Pinterest for More Great Ideas!
Crispy, Crunchy Appetizer
- Air fryer potato chips are so differently delicious, this recipe guarantees your chips will come out crispy and not greasy!
- No need to peel potatoes for potato chips! The thin strip of skin around each chip adds visual appeal and holds them together while they’re being tossed in the oil and seasonings. It also adds extra crunch and flavor.
- Here are some other easy air fryer snacks to try! Air Fryer Pigs In A Blanket, Air Fryer Cheesy Biscuit Balls, and for a sweet treat, try these Vortex Air Fryer Apple Cinnamon Chips.
POTATOES: The best potato chips start with the best potatoes! Russets are high in starch so they fry up golden brown. Plus, they are easy to find and less expensive than other varieties. Choose potatoes that are similar in size so they cook at the same rate.
SEASONINGS: Air fryer potato chips have to be seasoned! Keep it simple with basic salt and pepper or sprinkle on whatever blend sounds best!
- For a healthier take on potato chips, slice, and season sweet potatoes! They come out just as crisp and crunchy and have a unique savory-sweet flavor!
- Instead of regular oil, toss potatoes in melted bacon grease and some sea salt for a tasty bacon flavor!
- When air fryer potato chips are done, sprinkle on some parmesan cheese, taco seasoning, bbq seasoning, or even Ranch dressing mix!
How to Make Potato Chips in the Air Fryer
Simple, preservative-free, and totally delish, this recipe is easy and fun to make.
- Toss potatoes in oil and seasonings.
- Fry in a single layer until golden brown (per the recipe below).
PRO TIP: A mandoline slicer can be adjusted to any desired thickness for potato chips.
Recipe Tips & Tricks
- Cut the potatoes thin or thick, then simply adjust the fry time!
- Soaking the potato slices in ice water removes some of the starch so they fry up extra crispy.
- Always make sure the air fryer is preheated to the right temperature before adding any food.
- Potato chips benefit from high temperatures and a few basket shakes to make them just right! Start by testing a few to get the temperature and times right.
- After they are removed from the air fryer, set them in a single layer on paper towels to soak up any extra oil. This keeps them from getting soggy.
Air Fryer Potato Appetizers & Side Dishes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges – a classic!
- Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Sweet Potato Fries – sweet & savory
- Air Fryer Roasted Garlic & Rosemary Potatoes – perfect side.
- Air Fryer Loaded Smashed Potatoes – decadent appetizer!
- Crispy Air Fryer Okra – perfectly seasoned with a crunch
Air Fryer Potato Chips
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt & seasonings to taste
- Wash potatoes and slice into ⅛" slices.
- Soak in cold water 15-30 minutes. Drain and dab dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F.
- Toss potatoes with oil and seasonings.
- Add potatoes to the air fryer and cook 8-10 minutes.
- Using tongs, toss and separate the potatoes and cook an additional 12-15 minutes or until browned, stirring and tossing every couple of minutes.